Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 7: A Commitment to Greatness

I have spent the past several days caught in a state of nervous excitement unlike anything I have experienced thus far in life. The full day pack-and-drive-the-17ft-Uhaul-through-awful-weather-from-New York did not come close to dampening this excitement as I arrived in Cambridge this past Wednesday. As I am finishing up the last bits of my initial move-in and orientation, my thoughts return to what I plan to make of myself this year and the two years to follow.

There are few things I can recall wanting more than admission to Harvard Law School, and it is with the highest amount of respect and honor to this desire that I plan to commit myself as fully as possible to being the best that I can be here. Fulfillment of this ambition will require me to draw from the most instructive experiences of my life thus far--the past three years in particular. However, it will also take something a different, a recognition that the old model was good enough to get here, but if I wish to make the mark that is my ambition, the bar must be set higher and, in turn, my work ethic that much more rigorous.

I have all the energy imaginable behind me right now, and the key is to find a way to harness it. If I can master this ability I think I will certainly be in a good position for life going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment