Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 3: Another day on the Journey

Do not say to yourself, "my power and the might of my own hand have gotten me this wealth."  But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, so that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your ancestors, as he is doing today.  - Deuteronomy 8: 17-18

Long day.  Got a bunch of stuff on my mind.  Student success (or lack thereof).  Student behavior (particularly, but not exclusively, my boys).  Law school...

But through it all, the journey must continue.  One day until Spring Break, which = more time for writing.  I'm looking forward to it, to venting a little bit.  I suppose the biggest thing is this: I've got a bit less than two months left with my students, and I really need to figure out how I'm going to make my lasting impact on them.  While it is a short amount of time, I believe that there is still an opportunity to significantly impact their lives, especially for my students on the fence (both academically and socially).  While a first impression is truly lasting, the last moments can be equally impact-ful and as such that is my target right now.  It's just a matter of the right strategy.

Thank goodness for Spring Break, which will bring time to think as well as take a deep breath 
:-).



No comments:

Post a Comment